Monday, January 10, 2011

Christmas

For Christmas we spent it in Meerane with one of the members from when Eddy served his mission there.  We had some food that I have never eaten before.  The duck and rabbit were two things that I haven't eaten before.  We also had something called Klöβe which when I look up the word in the dictionary means dumpling.  We had two different kinds with one that was made with flour, I believe, and the other one was make with potatoes (Kartoffel).  They had a piece of cooked bread in the middle.  I like the potato ones a little better, but they were both good.  

 We also went to a Christmas program put on by one of the churches in the area.  The church was pretty old.  The pews were all wooden and there was hooks for your stuff and everything.  Here are some pictures I took of our pew.

While there I found a cool setting on the camera I am borrowing from my sister.  Here are some pictures that I took with this setting.

 You could pick one color and it would take a picture only of that color.  Everything else is in black and white.
 This one you could switch colors.  It doesn't do it fully but it looks like green fuzzies are everywhere since I switched the white/grayish colors with green.







As you can see with these ones that I picked a color and took a picture.  The setting would also make some of the colors in a picture brighter.  Like bright red and all the reds in the picture would stand out.  It was pretty cool to experiment with the setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment